Thursday, October 11, 2007

melbourne bumper special - food 02


kokoblack - royal arcade bourke street

this is my favourite chocolate palace in melbourne.
it's like a boutique kinda chocolate shop, I grew so sick of max brenner in sydney, it's used to be good!

kokoblack made the best ruffles, because it is made fresh, I am a purist and only like the classic belgium, see it says on the box you must consume withing 7 days, hence I have none left and therefore no image of it here, hehe.

I remember 3 years ago I went to melbourne and it was the day before new year and i was about to leave melbourne to go back to sydney, so I loaded the rental car with kokoblack truffles, thinking that I will enjoy this while i watch the fireworks. so back in sydney, just half an hour to midnight, i opened the the box with excitement but all i saw was molten chocolate!

what was I thinking? like chocolate will not melt in 36 degrees heat inside the boot. so you see how much i cherish each and every piece of truffle this time around!

kokoblack in royal arcade has a cafe upstairs, their ice choc is to die for, it's not sickeningly rich, i think it's cos they made it with proper dark choc. it has one scoop of vanilla and choc ice cream in it....hmmmm...

heard they are planning to open one in canberra and possibly one in sydney!
D.

1 comment:

annie said...

oh my gosssssssssssh choccccccolate !!

when u come to hk u wanna go learn to bake the choc truffle cake together?? it uses vahrona choc and its really good !!!! its the best cake i made so far but then i never succeeded at home so i need another lesson !