Sunday, October 28, 2007

claudes






Please tell me this is the most perfect souffle you have ever seen!
It is so delicious, too. we were seated upstairs on the night, there's a small pastry kitchen right next to our dining room, and as it gets towards the end of the night, the head chef chui lee luk was busy whisking away egg white with a whisk and copper bowl! I admire her, not only she is a female chef but also she owns her restaurant and relentlessly make souffles for us lucky souls! we had a bitter orange souffle this time, it has a contreau cream on the side, it's so yummy. But my favourite was a hazelnut souffle with almond praline and cream I had in the last two visits, oh it's like I've died and gone to heaven!

Claudes deliver time and time again, I love this restaurant, it's my favourite out of all the 3 hatted restaurants. This place's got soul, it's not flashy, it's elegant. food is so well done, service is attentive, the restaurant is small and intimate, best of all they encourage you to BYO and corkage is only $15.

I am sure i will be be back! (when I come back to sydney!)

D.

6 comments:

annie said...

i love your comments "its like ive died and gone to heaven" haha i think you took my seat for exaggeration! but yeah i totally feel u.... eating nice food just makes you faint!

dova said...

and I go like hmmmm....

Natalie C said...

wow....the food looks sooo delicious especially the souffle and the way you describe it makes me wanna taste what it's like!! I really miss Sydney....

dova said...

thanks for dropping by, nat!

annie said...

nat: dodo(dova) is coming back for good next week !! i have already told her abt us 2 loving all the good food here... when shes back we can go eat together!!! cant wait!!

dova said...

cant wait!!!
it has to be gourmet all the way, ok girls?