Monday, September 3, 2007

wanna be an hongkie ?




Hong Kong famous for long queues as long as 2 hrs to buy hit products like Portuguese tarts and cheesecakes, and this also happens to restaurants... To see a restaurant’s popularity, is simply how long you have to queue up for it. Wing Wah restaurant is 4 storey building is famous for its traditional local Hongkie stir fries.

My favourite has to be the 5 flavor chicken, simply soya sauce chicken but the meat is very soft and smooth, not too salty or sweet too. My next fave is clay pot rice which this enhances the "rice" smell more, you know the saying "smelling the rice next door?". This mixed with a little tablespoon of lard (pig oil.. dova taught me this term) and soya sauce is what this place is mainly known for!!

must book trust me on this...

(pics taken by caroline mak, i found these on the net... forgot to take my cam... very nice pics indeed!)

Ko.

4 comments:

dova said...

yummmmmm!
ok another one added to the growing list!

Anonymous said...

i love the 'malay' cake! mmm

annie said...

yeah the malay cake is good too but i dont know how to describe it hehe....

Natalie C said...

I would love to go to this one....seems very yummy to me