Monday, September 17, 2007

banh mi thit = pork roll = and another thousand names




i have to tell you i had a awful lot of trouble finding the pork rolls online or even in HCMC. I was searching and searching for pork rolls online and it didnt get me anywhere, later i found the name was actually banh mi, street sandwiches, street rolls, street burgers, sargies etc etc

pork rolls are called banh mi thit (pronounced as barn me tart) and thank goodness to the tourist information centre, i got the actual address of "banh mi nhu lan" store. (which my frd also intro me but gave me a totally incorrect address)

i have to say syd ones are equally good cos they have the fish sauce dressing but the one at HCMC has chunky pieces of pork, a huge spread of pate and mayonnaise/butter suace, very tasty white carrots, very crunchy "HOT" bread fresh from the oven (pic above is the extra pork roll for supper but no longer crunchy hot) ...

.... IF ONLY if they have the fish sauce!

Address: Banh mi Nhu Lan Store - 66-68 Ham Nghi, Q1 (Q1 = District 1)
Tourist information centre: 4G-4H Le Loi St, District 1 - really helpful getting information on spas, restaurants or day trips

ko.

3 comments:

Dova & Ko said...

did anh give u the wrong info, oops!
so i need to get more pork roll before I go!

annie said...

yeah he did hahah he said its at hai ba trung street and its totally!! haha well that tourist info guy gave me the real address...

annie said...

oh yeah u must get more pork rolls in aus... but dont tell me when u get it cos i will be jealous of u hehhehe