Sunday, April 1, 2007

Manicure special

Making decisions is one of the worst things when you are indecisive. Should I or should I not? This question will float around your head until your head burst. My question was: Should I do gel nails or not? Normally for making decisions come into this process and that is to think pros and cons.

Pros: beautiful nails, easy to manage, supposedly also used for staightening and lengthening nails for people who bite their nails (after a few months, the gel supposed help you stop biting and make your nails grow to the tip of your finger)
Cons: Look artificial and a very big investment considering its just NAILS!

I couldn’t decide, so I called up the nail salon and just got a quote, all of a sudden I just booked it. In the end, all that brainstorming was just waste of time! Impulse buying is every women’s enemy (no more likely every womens wallet’s enemy)

For people who really don’t care about their nails and doesn't know gel nails are, gel nails is similar to just putting nail polish on but then the nail polish is not removable, it’s actually an acrylic coating. So the process is they sand off your nails until it becomes a thin layer. After, they do around 5-6 think coatings of acrylic gel and the gel will become solid after placing in a cubicle of laser lighting.

For many people that are put off by gel nails, to be honest I wasn’t a fan of this idea either. I just thought it would be too artificial and inconvenient for people who really need to have their hands on work. But nope I was absolutely surprised of how much more convenient life becomes and things like opening up a packet of chips and zipping up zippers and later finding out half my nail is chipped off is not an issue to me anymore.

The biggest boost of confidence was when last night I was having dinner with my brother in law and out of the blue he asked me: “ did you do your nails?” Even a man noticed my nails? Were my nails previously that bad??? ( I guess they were pretty bad)

Prices for gel nails vary from place to place around HKD500-1000, obviously price = quality so really have to shop around. My tip is to just tell your nail salon you only want a natural look so think layer of gel is OK. This will give the best results. Refills will need to be done once every 2-3 weeks, if not it would look pretty disastrous.

Looking good is a very big investment indeed!!!







by Ko.

No comments: