Sunday, August 26, 2007

lazy sunday lunch






since I am leaving sydney soon, I made a (LONG) list of all the reatuarnt I want to try before I go. So hopefully I will try most of them and be good and write abt it here!

I tried Bathers Pavilion at balmoral beach on sunday.
when you are by a beautiful beach, I guess seafood is all I want to have!

lunch at bathers are very busy over weekend, we opted for the restaurant, instead of the cafe next door, because we can book for a table at the restaurant.

we had a asian pork belly and scallops with a peking consumme.
this was so delicious, the scallops was cooked to perfection and the pork belly is very flavourful (I mean, who doesnt love pork fat?)

for main my friend had the barramundi with a ginger crust, with pancetta, creamed fennel and potatoes. I had the john dory with daikon and a beetroot boullion.

more and more I found in restaurants, the entrees are better than the mains, so next time, I think I will have two entrees instead of mains. the other alternative is to have a degustation, so you try everything, but honestly I cannot stomach 7 courses at lunch!

the dessert was heavenly, it was a light lemon brulee with rasberries sorbet, it had just enough tartness and sweetness to finish off a light meal!

I highly recommend going to bathers on a sunny weekend! the place was so well lit (with natural light), it is made for photographs and there are cushions on the seats! very special!

D.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this meal looks really delicious and i love peking sauce its my fav!!

well try as much good food as you can as from personal experience, you will regret not having enuf when ur there !

yc said...

totally agree with annie !

even thou you might be able to find the food as delicious as the one in sydney. the whole atmosphere would just not be as great.

Anonymous said...

my mouth is watering when i saw the lightly grilled scallops , such a delightful snowball!