Thursday, December 27, 2007

Wedding thankyou gifts




As my blog partner now busy everyday wedding shopping (for her sis!) I thought this blog is helpful...

To be honest, I hate going to weddings of people I dont know cos all you do is sit there and eat and stuff yourself with disgusting chinese "wedding" food! I just think its so pointless... so in my opinion, even tho you are inviting ppl u dont know, it is always nice to keep those "unknown" entertained so that they wont go home and blab on how damn boring and what a waste of time the wedding is for us. The 3 musts to keep "unknown family guests" happy is:
1) Good videos to show in between the banquet
2) Good and must be funny speeches, speeches should be about the groom and bride and the speech is best when its about their personalities and memorable + easy to understand recap of incidents and not of past stupid behaviours or incidents which no one understands except a certain group of people.
3) Table gifts that can be taken home and USED. I know that since its your wedding gift and you would love to put your name on the gift so that everyone remembers the "memorable day". From my experience, any gift with a name on it usually ends up in the bin (if that happens, why bother?)! Picture frames, phone straps etc usually never fails, CHocolate which tastes good are a good idea but ones that doesnt taste good, then dont bother wasting the money.

I have been to many many man weddings these 2 years, so many that I cant even recall some of them and mostly to people which I hardly know. The rule of thumb to newly weds who want a really special wedding that everyone remembers is that just to keep all speeches and videos simple, easy to understand and funny at the same time, the more you do, the more no one understands and hence bore them outta their minds!

Hope this is useful D.

Just got some pics to show you my favourite wedding gifts which I have kept!

Ko.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey heaps helpful man! and that kim dou wedding mall is absolutely crazy! it's like i have never seen so much wedding stuff in my life!
very well put abt not to make ur weddings too boring and ppl end up bad mouthing it!

annie said...

you should do a special on the wedding mall! i told you that its like a dump of wedding stuff !! u can find watever that is related to a wedding there... u name it... u find it !! hahah

Anonymous said...

good luck dodo! looks like you gatta work hard!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.