Friday, November 30, 2007

Chinese cuisine




To all Westerners, Chinese cuisine consists of food like spring rolls, mongolian beef, san choy bao, sweet and sour pork, stir fried noodles and fried rice. For us Chinese locals, internal organs are a major part of our meal.. for me anyway...

The chinese are known for being hardworking and because most of our parents or above generations are raised poorly therefore they have learnt not to waste any food and eat whatever they have. Picky with food was not an option for them. Having internal organs was considered lucky, they are lucky not being starved to death. My dad said when he was young, he only had soya sauce with rice each day...

For people who love internal organs would love livers, duck liver sausage is recommended. How to detect if a duck liver is nice or not? Its if it is crispy outside and juicy inside, not to moist and not to hard should be the best. Most importantly, there should be a strong taste of duck liver and a rose wine kinda taste! Trust me, there arent many places that can do nice duck liver sausages!

I recommend 2 places:
1) Yung Kee - central famous for their bbq goose, their duck liver sausages is a must try too!
2) "Snack king 2" (direct translation) - in causeway bay famous for eating snake soups and duck liver sausages. My friend Nat and I went there the other day, its her first visit. We ordered the snake soup set including 1 bowl of rice with sausages and another extra bowl of rice with bbq pork and duck liver sausages. Her mind was thinking, how can we eat such a big bowl of rice with only sausages? we ended finishing everything! thats how much girls eat nowadays

This is another long blog... somehow i can never shorten them! please dont get bored!

Ko.

4 comments:

Natalie C said...

Annie, thanks for taking me to such nice cheap places with excellent food. I must say it was the best duck liver sausage I have eaten in HK. The outside a little crispy and the inside is nice and juicy...yum. Can't wait to go there again cos Law's made could not make it the same.

annie said...

no its good you alwyas go eating with me !!! next time we can go eat that congee place too!!

i gotta write abt those beeds we got too ! i love them !! heheh

dova said...

oh i think I will enjoy this blog more if I havent overstuffed myself in paris, seriously I had french food all day today ( not posh food, cheap stuff like baguette and butter, crepes with loads of sugar, croissant....loaded with butter). i am so craving for asian food right now. miss u girl!

annie said...

i hope u took lots of photos there !! cos u can put it on our blog !!!! i seriously ran out of stuff to write abt !