Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Brow talk



Plucking brows has alwasy been this grey beauty problem which you will never want to spend money on.... to most people, what can a shaped brow will do anyway? Miraculously it does make a difference (clarification: this difference might not be obvious to boys...)! I never use to go pluck my brows but my sis intro this really dumpster looking place to do my brows for HKD50 (now 60 i think), the beautician is a 50 yr old lady who sits in a shop selling dust covered make up. Scary as it sounds, on peak hours, a queue of 20 ppl can be seen lining up to get brows fixed!! (NO exaggeration!) They dont really pluck ur brows out, but they fix your shape and all you need to do is pluck roots out as it grows and the brow shape should last around 3-4 weeks. No more unbalance brows and most importantly no more plucking too much on one side and making one brown seem to be shorter or twitched!

Warning for hygiene freaks: they use this sponge to wipe your brows first, when they finsiehd they use the same sponge to wipe off those bits thats fallen on ur face or nose.. that sponge is used by the whole world so it includes other ppl's make up as well.... sounds bad but it doesnt really affect me tho...

Another common brow problem is the tweezers we use at home... cheap tweezers can never take out the roots, and when pulling from the wrong part, it snaps the hair and leaving unpluckible roots and this really gets on my nerves. So after trying my frd's orignal tweezerman, I realise the importance of buying good tweezers cos you can actually pluck out roots, those roots that is just a black dot?? But I almost fainted when she told me the price! Laura Mercier has a tweezer made by Tweezerman which retails a lot cheaper and works as fine...


Address of brow place: Causeway Bay Apple centre, therse only 1 dumpster looking cosmetics shop with full of mid aged women

Ko.

1 comment:

dova said...

I should do a piece on tweezing too! found this great place in london that does line tweezing, indian style!
stay tuned!