Monday, March 26, 2007

Not a paid review


I have bought many books in my life, especially ones with cute pink covers and with a title of shopaholic or fashion but all has let me down, not that they are bad, I was never a fan of books and still not a fan for books.

I was trying to find a book on Amazon one day, out of the blue I actually found something else while searching (this is what you call fate!). “Marley and Me” was said to be the best selling book on Amazon and just out of curiosity I was reading about it. To cut the story short I found it super interesting and decide to buy it. As people in HK know buying an English book here is not easy, so I had to order it in. Guess what? The book costs a WHOPPING 191 bucks (and with an ugly cover?!?!I could buy half a dress in Zara!) Anyhow I still bought it!

This book was so easy to read yet so very descriptive I felt every single bit of it. The funny parts was so funny that I was actually laughing out loud (I can assure you reading books was only a device to put me to sleep). The sad parts were so heartfelt I was crying out loud (meaning choking crying)

This book has taken me back to the days when I still had my dog, now after reading this; I have promised myself without 100% commitment I will not own a pet. Reading the author’s commitment, generosity and respect to its dog, I felt guilty that I never treated my dog like the author did or like I should have.

For all dog lovers out there, I truly recommend this book. This is as serious as I can be and I mean it.

Please visit http://www.marleyandme.com/

You can see the writing style of the author John Grogan by reading his blog (beware this blog is as addictive as The Satorialist blog). He is the type of guy where he says jokes but doesn’t laugh himself, but he will make people around him laugh to tears. (I am so attracted to these type of guys)

Tip of the day: A box of Kleenex 3-ply is essential when reading “Marley and Me”

by Ko.

No comments: